EU GDPR Compliance
LateShipment.com is firmly committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of its customers and their end-users. We are mindful and compliant with applicable laws and regulations of data collection and processing in accordance with global data privacy, data security and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines.
This agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to your access and use of the internet web site www.LateShipment.com and its services, owned and operated by LateShipment Inc., registered in Florida, United States of America. By using LateShipment.com you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions mentioned herewith as LateShipment.com’s “Privacy and Security Policy”. They may be amended from time to time in the future (see “Modifications” below).
Accepting the Terms
By using the information, tools, software, features and functionality including content, updates and new releases on LateShipment.com (together the “Service(s)”), you agree to be bound by this agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the LateShipment.com website) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with LateShipment.com) or you are a “Customer”(which means you use LateShipment.com’s services). The term “You” or “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member or a Customer depending on the context. The terms “We”, “Our”, “Us” or “Data Controller” refer to LateShipment.com. If you wish to become a customer, communicate with other members and make use of the service, you must read this agreement and indicate your acceptance during the “Signup” or “Registration” process.
If you accept this agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it or if you are acting on behalf of a company or entity that you have the authority to bind such entity. Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this agreement for your records.
- Personal Data – Data relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from the data or from the data in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into the possession of the data controller.
- Collected Data – Personal Data which is collected automatically when you visit LateShipment.com.
- Service Data – The data that we collect on behalf of our User, which is necessary for providing the promised service in the contract.
- Cookies – It is a small piece of data sent from LateShipment.com and stored on the User’s computer by the User’s web browser while the User is browsing.
- Service(s) – LateShipment.com and LateShipment.com Pulse operated by LateShipment.com Inc. Florida.
- End-User – Any person or entity other than you or your users with whom you interact using the Service(s).
What Service(s) do we Provide?
LateShipment.com provides shippers with smart logistics solutions purpose-built to take control of their shipping, delivery and the last mile customer experience they provide.
Our last mile success toolkit includes:
Automated Parcel Audit – Our parcel audit technology verifies shipping invoices for over 50 service failures including late deliveries and billing errors, files eligible claims and automatically recovers refunds.
LateShipment.com Pulse – A real-time parcel tracking and delivery management solution on the cloud. It offers complete visibility of shipments-in-transit across carriers, predicts delivery errors, highlights shipments that require your attention and enables brand-consistent communication with customers about critical shipping events.
What Personal Data does Lateshipment.com Collect and Why?
When you visit our website or participate in any of our programs, LateShipment.com may collect information (also known as Collected Data), which may include personal data, as set forth below:
Sign-up, Billing and Account Information
When you subscribe or sign-up to any of our Service(s), we may collect your
- Contact information such as name, business email address, phone number, and store name.
- Billing information such as name and credit card details.
- Unique identifiers such as username, account number, and password.
Subject to this Privacy and Security Policy, such data will be used to
- Provide users with the Service(s) they have signed up for.
- Send users communications regarding the Service(s).
- Assess users’ business needs to determine or suggest suitable Service(s).
- Send users requested information about the Service(s).
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Administer user accounts.
- Send users promotional and marketing communications.
- Facilitate transactions with other users when you use our Service(s).
We use Google Analytics information such as your device type, geographic location, the type of browser being used, usage pattern through cookies and browser settings, your clicks, scrolls, conversion and real-time data visits that are collected automatically when you visit our site. We use this data to analyse the performance of individual pages on our site, compile statistical reports, improve, support and enhance the performance of our site, improve marketing and improve the services we offer you.
When you visit our website regarding queries about our Service(s), we may collect information such as your name, email address and your phone number. Notice we will use such data to send you requested information about the service as well as promotional and marketing communications providing information about our services.
Shipping Carrier Information
We collect Shipping Carrier Information on behalf of our Customers as per the contract, in which case we are the processors and not the controllers of the Service Data. The following are the information we collect:
- Shipping carrier account information such as username and password.
- Shipping information such as tracking number service type used, origin city, origin state, origin pin, origin country, status of the shipment, service type used, date of shipping, expected date of delivery, actual date of delivery, recipient name, destination city, destination state, destination pin, destination country, postage paid, manifests ID, invoice number, and invoice date.
Lawful Basis of Processing
We may process your personal data when one of the following applies:
- You have given us your consent to process it.
- When we are obligated to process the data as per the contract you have with us.
- When your contract with us requires us to process your data so that you can comply with specific counter-obligations under the contract.
- When processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by you.
If you have any queries regarding the processing, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have signed up to any of our services, we may use your email id to send promotional emails, newsletters or product-related communications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can opt out by following the instructions contained in the emails.
Data Protection Rights
Under The Data Protection Act 2018, you have a number of rights. They are as follows:
- The Right to be Informed
- Right of Access
- Right to Rectification
- Right to Erasure
- Right to Restrict Processing
- Right to Data Portability
- Right to Object
- Rights relating to automated decision making including profiling
For any queries regarding correction, updation, modification or deletion of your Personal Data, which forms a part of Collected Data, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Retention of Your Information
LateShipment.com will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Security Policy. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
LateShipment.com will also retain Service Data for internal analysis purposes. Service Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service(s).