Start claiming your FedEx refunds today.
FedEx guarantees on time delivery for every domestic shipment.The FedEx money back guarantee offers a full refund of shipping charges, if your delivery is late even by 60 seconds!
Though FedEx refunds is a great policy, the catch is that FedEx provides these refunds only if a claim is filed by the shipper within a limited window of time. The process of filing a FedEx refund claim for late deliveries or other exceptions is time consuming and laborious.
Try LateShipment.com, an automated tracking system that continuously monitors your shipments for late deliveries and submits eligible claims to FedEx on your behalf. Recovered FedEx refunds are directly credited to your FedEx account.
Yes, you can request FedEx Refunds in the following ways:
- Submit claims online at fedex.com/us/claimsonline (excluding FedEx Ground C.O.D. claims) for U.S. shipments, U.S. export shipments to Canada and U.S.-inbound shipments from Canada.
- Send written claims, including the completed claim form and supporting documentation, via the U.S. Postal Service or fax to:
FedEx Cargo Claims Department
P.O. Box 256
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
If you fax your completed claim form and supporting documentation, FedEx will send you a confirmation letter by return fax.
- Call customer service at 1.800.463.3339 (say “claims”) to obtain a case number for your claim, then complete a print copy of the claim form. You may have to submit supporting documentation using FedEx Claims Online or the mailing address or fax number listed above.
No, only the shipper can request a Money Back Guarantee claim.
Refund Policy as provided by FedEx
Services with FedEx Money Back Guarantee:
- FedEx Home Delivery
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx Date Certain Home Delivery
- FedEx Evening Home Delivery
- FedEx Appointment Home Delivery
FedEx Express ( International )
- FedEx International First
- FedEx International Next Flight
- FedEx International Priority
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx International Economy
- FedEx International Economy Freight
- FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution
- FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution Freight
- FedEx International Premium
- FedEx First Overnight
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2Day
- FedEx 2Day A.M.
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx First Overnight Freight
- FedEx 1Day Freight
- FedEx 2Day Freight
- FedEx 3Day Freight
- FedEx SameDay City
The following limitations apply
- Credits for transportation charges will be applied to the payer’s account only, and refunds will be made payable to the payer only.
- Only one refund or credit is permitted per package. In the case of multiple-piece shipments, the money-back guarantee applies to each package in the shipment. If a service failure occurs for any package within the shipment, a refund or credit will be given only for the portion of the transportation charges applicable to that package.
- The money-back guarantee for package services destined for areas outside our primary service areas applies only to the portion of the transportation provided directly by us. The money-back guarantee for FedEx Express Freight services destined for areas outside our primary service areas applies to the portion of the transportation provided directly by us and may also apply to the portion of the transportation provided by the cartage agent (see the Cartage Agent section for details).
- Shipments scheduled for delivery on a holiday will be delivered the next business day. Observance of local holidays (e.g., Mardi Gras, St. Patrick’s Day) may cause delivery delays. In both circumstances, the delivery commitment for application of the money-back guarantee policy will be extended for a period equal to the length of the holiday.
- If a delivery later than the original delivery commitment time is requested by the shipper or recipient before the first delivery attempt is made, the delivery commitment time for application of the money-back guarantee policy will be adjusted to account for the requested delivery date and/or time.
- If the shipper or recipient informed FedEx that the recipient location is closed on a certain day or at a certain time, the delivery commitment time for application of the money-back guarantee policy will be the next business day at the delivery commitment time for the service originally selected.
FedEx will not be obligated to refund or credit your transportation charges if:
- We provide you with proof of timely delivery, consisting of the date and time of delivery and, if applicable, the name of the person who signed for the shipment, or service-exception information reflecting that the failure to deliver timely resulted from circumstances described under the Liabilities Not Assumed section.
- The service failure resulted, in whole or in part, from any of the circumstances described under the Liabilities Not Assumed section.
- The payer’s FedEx account number was not in good credit standing, or payment instructions were invalid, and delivery was delayed until payment arrangements were secured.
- The shipment was scheduled for delivery on the Wednesday immediately prior to Thanksgiving via any FedEx Express U.S. or FedEx Express Freight U.S. service, and was delivered within 90 minutes of the published delivery commitment time for the selected service and destination.
- The shipment was rerouted from the delivery address to a Hold at Location address.
- The shipment was undeliverable or returned.
- The shipment contained dangerous goods or dry ice.
- The shipment was delayed due to an incorrect address or ZIP code or the unavailability or refusal of an appropriate or eligible person to accept delivery or sign for the package.
- The shipment was delayed due to security or other regulatory delays, including permanent, regular, or daily security procedures at the recipient location.