Want to truly stand out in this competitive e-commerce landscape and enjoy the fruits of holiday season success?
Easy. Give your customers what they want.
What customers want
The increase in e-commerce-based technology, changes in the status quo of online shopping, ever-dynamic trends, etc have all turned customers’ wants into needs. Don’t forget, these interests keep on changing YoY.
Sure, you can do the bare minimum and just meet ends. But that doesn’t cut through today’s landscape.
You really need to understand your customers’ mindset, go the extra mile, and give more than what they want
To help you do that, we’ve tried to cover some of the most crucial things your customers expect from your brand and how you can exceed their expectations.
How To Exceed Your Customers' Expectations For The Holiday Season
Here are several strategies and tips that can help you not only meet but exceed customers’ expectations to ensure that your e-commerce business shines during the holiday season.
Let’s delve into these techniques and make this holiday season one to remember.
1. Store, marketing, and the holiday spirit
Let’s start with one of the early expectations for customers when choosing an e-commerce store to shop with during the holiday season — a trustworthy and interesting store.
Imagine ending up on a website or application for your particular holiday season needs and finding it outdated. It really makes one question the authenticity of the store and keeps it easy to move on to the next option.
So, what can you do to prevent this from happening to your business?
- Populate your store’s website with a holiday-themed design that includes banners, icons, graphics, colors, and imagery
- Consider incorporating interactive features such as holiday-themed quizzes, interactive product showcases, and other virtual experiences into your marketing campaigns to engage customers
- Set up personalized email campaigns to prevent abandoned cart incidents. You can also take this up a notch and include holiday-special offers to motivate your customers even further
- Offer branded tracking pages to improve convenience for the customer with seamless order tracking and brand recall